Rate Analysis for Irrigation and Suspension Bridge
Hello friends, if you are an Engineering student, engineer. You know about the rate analysis for irrigation and Suspension bridge.
Let’s begin with the irrigation and Suspension bridge rate. In the irrigation project and Suspension bridge project to essential matter to know the rate of the project. The project is effect by the rate of the project. So the rate is most important to the irrigation and bridge project anywhere, anytime.
What is Facture Affecting of Rate Analysis?
Factor Affecting the Cost of Irrigation
- Length of conveyance system to take into the command from the water source.
- The quality of water at the source if the source water contains more gravel sand and silt, clay, etc.
- Type of soil in the conveyance system ( porous soil: more seepage riming required or canal section shall be large.
- Terrain type : (flat or steep, moderate) more cost required in the steep terrain.
- Type of irrigation system (surface or left or drip sprinkle irrigation system):- Left irrigation is more costly than surface irrigation because the required more energy to take the water from Lower levels to higher levels.
- Geology at the conveyance system ( soil, hard rock, soft rock)
- Number of streams rivulets rivers etc. to crossed and their spans.
- Quantum of water to diverted from the source to meet crop water requirements for the command area.
- The terrain of command area, steep terrain additional structure like fall are required to reduce the energy of the water to falling upward to a downward direction.
- Quantum of work required for the command area, and less cost in the flat command area.
- Source site: location of source (Distance from the project), Quality of source.
- Market (Distance from the project)
- Districts rate of materials, human resources
- Specification of materials
- Specification of workmanship
- Mode of transportation
- Length of transportation
- Mode of contracts ( consumer, contractor)
- Price escalation ( consumer price index) may require if time takes to complete the project >18 months.
- Taxes: local tax, work charge establishment miscellaneous cost which is 2.5 % to 5.0 %.
Factor Affecting the Cost of Suspension Bridge.
- Span of bridge
- For long-span wind guy cables and Anchorage, blocks are required to prevent bridge swinging.
- Freeboard availability
- If the freeboard is more than 5 meters suspended bridge can construct which is cheaper than a suspension bridge ( required tower, tower foundation)
- Length of track road required at both banks of the bridge.
- Geology ( soil, rock type)
- Excavation:- less on soil
- Block size:- large on soil
- Steep cross slope of banks requires heavy cutting.
Government Procedure for the Preparing Rate Analysis for Irrigation and Suspension Bridge:
Rate analysis is the procedure to find the rate of doing any items of works or materials, manpower, equipment, tools, and plants required to complete the unit of work, districts, market rate, taxes contractor overhead and profit, transportation as well as loading, unloading cost. Road type, road length, mode of transport, the difficulty of materials in handling in transportation as well as loading, unloading cost.
Government procedure for Rate analysis
- Collect the information regarding norms market rate or district rate, tax, vat, contractor overhead.
- Collect or prepare specifications of the work.
- Find out materials or equipment cost required at the project site ( by adding local taxes, transportation cost + loading and unloading).
- Multiply the qualities of materials, manpower, and equipment required to complete unit work with the rate at the project site (calculated in bullet and add them).
- Add 15 % percent contractors overhead and profit if it is to (item of work) executed by contractors.
- Sum the values obtained in bullet no 4 and 5 to find a rate for doing the unit item of the work.
- The steps above are repeated for other items of works required to complete the project.
- Prepare schedules of rate (SOR)
What is the Procedure?
Procedure to Find the Estimate Cost of an Irrigation Project and Suspension Bridge.
- Complete steps 1 to 7 mentioned above.
- Prepare a bill of quantities of various items of work that can complete in the project.
- Multiply the quantities of each item of work with the corresponding rate for the item (SOR) and add them.
- 2.5 percent of the above total cost is for work charge establishment and miscellaneous costs.
- the cost found in items 3 and 4 above.
- 13 percent VAT to the cost calculated in serial no. 5 ( if the work to carried out by contractors)
- Add 10 percent cost to the cost calculated in serial no 6 for meeting contingency expenses. If the contract is multi-year 10 percent price contingency is also added.
- The sum of the cost in serial no 6 and 7 will be the project cost required
Overview of Rate Analysis
The way toward deciding the pace of any work in structural Engineering projects like earthwork, brickwork, putting, painting, and so on is known as an examination of rate or just rate investigation.
The pace of these works further aids in deciding the expense of specific work and thusly the cost of the venture. The pace of any interaction or work relies upon different variables.
The rate investigation of Civil Works or Building Works is the assurance of the cost of every development work per-unit amount. This expense incorporates the expense of materials, works, hardware, project workers’ benefit, and other random negligible costs needed for the specific work to be finished in unit amount.