WC pan with cistern
The specifications of supplying and fixing Indian pattern water closet (W.C.) pan including flushing cistern.
- C. pan should be white glazed, earthenware, white glazed fire clay as specified.
- The pan shall be Orissa pattern size 58cm or 43 cm designed and approved by the engineer/in charge.
- Each pan shall have a flushing rim of a suitable type.
- It shall have an inlet for connecting the flush pipe.
- The pan shall be provided with a 100mm diameter cost iron trap ‘P’ or ‘S’ type outlet with at least 50 mm diameter water seal.
- It shall be manually operated.
- May be porcelain as specified and shall have a removable cover.
- In the case of the high-level cistern, the outlet should be 32mm diameter and in the case of the low-level cistern, the outlet shall be 40mm diameter.
- The cistern shall have a discharge capacity of 10 or 15 liters as specified.
- The high-level cistern may be a height minimum of 125 cm.
- Low-level cistern maximum height 30 cm between the top of the pan and underside of the cistern.
- Cistern shall be mosquito-proof.
- The symphonic action of flushing cistern shall be capable of being rapidly brought.
Fixing of pan:-
- The W.C. shall be sunk or raised from the floor and embedded in a cushion of required thickness cement concrete.
- The joint between the pan and trap shall be made leakproof with cement sand mortar 1:1 or as per site construction.
Fixing of flushing:-
- The cistern shall be fixed in the C.I. which shall be firmly embedded in the wall in cement mortar 1:2 or fixed by wooden plug and screws.
- The flush pipe from the cistern shall be connected to the W.C. pan by means of pully joints.
- The flush pipe shall be fixed to the wall by using damps.
- V) All sanitary and plumbing work shall be carried out through a licensed plumber. On completing the work, the site shall be cleaned as directed by the engineers.
- It shall be measured in numbers, complete work as described above rate including all materials labour cost and testing all.
Supplying and laying G.I. pipe and fittings:-
- The pipe shall be galvanized mild steel welded pipe or seamless screwed and socket tube, confirming to the requirement of the I.S. for medium grade G.I. pipe shall be of diameter specified in the item. The pipe socket and fittings shall be well finished, galvanized, and free from cracks, surface flaws, and other defects. Thread fitting pipes shall be approved and leak-proof.
Cutting, Threading, Laying, and Jointing:-
- When the GI pipe is to be cut or threaded the ends shall be carefully filled to confirm leak-proof joints.
- When the two pieces are screwed together the screw threads of pipe and fittings shall be protected from damage.
- In joints, the pipe inside the socket and screwed ends of the pipe shall be oiled and rubbed with white lead fine jute thread.
- The ends shall be tightly screwed in the socket, tee bends, etc. with a pipe lorench.
- Care should be taken that all pipes and fittings are properly joined so as to make the joint watertight.
- GI pipe and fittings are kept all time free from dust, dirt during fixing.
- All the pipes should be painted with anticorrosive bitumen paint to prevent corrosion.
- At the time of laying the pipe, care should be taken to prevent the entry of dirty water, soil, etc. inside the pipe.
- The fitting and the pipe shall run on the surface of the wall or conceal inside the wall and underground as specified.
- The wall surface fixing shall be done by means of the approved clamp of the required shape and size so as to fit tightly and directly by the engineer-in-charge.
Testing of pipe and joints:-
- The pipe and fittings after they are laid shall be tested by the hydraulic pressure of 6 kg/cm2 and flow of water.
- All sanitary and plumbing work shall be carried out through a licensed plumber.
- Any joints found leaking shall be removed and replaced free of cost.
- All the GI pipe and fittings shall be measured in Rm. Or Rft. Along the centerline of the pipe and fittings.
- The rate shall be include pipe, fittings labor all complete cost, and testing as described above.
Supplying, jointing, and fixing high-density polyethylene pipe (HDP) and fittings:-
- The plasticizes may be granular or fibrous materials heated above 350oc become liquid molded into the required shape.
- HDP pipe and fittings shall be as specified, diameter, the thickness of the wall outer body shall be 3mm to 10 mm as mentioned in drawings.
HDP pipe and fittings:-
- Shall be standard approved quality.
- The internal surface shall be smooth.
- HDP pipe and fittings shall be free from scratch, scale, cracks, and types of damage.
- The pipe shall be loaded and stored carefully.
- Any pipe and fittings which found any types of defective or damage shall be rejected.
- Jointing of t, l, and other joints shall be done after the satisfaction of the engineer-in-charge.
- The joints shall be prepared, cleaned, and leak-proof, airtight.
- For quality, clean or grade color mark on hydraulic pressure capacity mark shall be stamped on the pipe by manufacture company.
- The pipe shall be laid with a plastic clamp with approved design to wooden plug fixed above the surface of the wall.
- Electric line with the pipe shall be avoided.
- Pipe laying outsides of the building for WS, waste pipeline shall be place 60 cm to 1 m deep in the ground as possible so as the pipe do not damage.
- The slope for waste soil pipe shall be 1 in 50, 1 in 100, or designed.
- Connected to the septic tank or sewer line.
Testing of pipe and joints:-
- The pipe and fittings after they are laid shall be tested by hydraulics pressure of 6 kg/cm2 and flow of water.
- Any joints found leaking shall be removed replace free cost.
- All sanitary and plumbing works shall be carried out through a licensed plumber.
- All the HDP pipe shall be measured in Rm. Or Rft. Alomg the centerline of the pipe and fittings are in NOS.
- The rate shall include pipe, fitting labor all complete costs, and testing as described above.
Supplying and Joining PVC pipe and fittings:-
- A group of natural and synthetic organic fusible materials which have the property of being plastic of the same stage of their manufactures or the plasticizers may be granular or fibrous materials heated to liquid state molded into required to shape.
PVC pipe and fittings:-
- All PVC it’s a fixture, fitting shall be high strength and rigid, standard and approved quality, service temperature shall be 60o
- The Interior surface shall be smooth.
- The pipe and its fittings shall be free from crack and damage.
- PVC pipe and fittings shall be as per specified dia. in drawings on-site instructions.
- Shall be loaded, unloaded, store carefully.
- If threading in PVC pipe class 7 pipe shall be used.
- This class pipe has a thick wall surface to withstand the pressure exerted by the threading diameter.
- Class B,C, D shall not be used because their wall thickness is not heavy.
- The classmark shall be stamped on the pipe by the manufacturing company.
- The PVC pipe and fitting shall confirm the pressure 4.6 kg/cm2, 6.4 kg/cm2.
Solvent cement jointing:-
- Jointing of PVC pipe and fittings shall be used the solvent cement or recommended by manufacture company.
- The floor trap shall be a self-cleaning pattern.
- PVC pipes shall be aligned properly before fixing them on the wooden pugs with approval clamps.
Connection to water taps:-
- It shall be made by means of G.I. fittings.
- All PVC pipes shall be measured in Rm. Or Rft.
- Along with centerline of the pipe and fittings, rate shall be inclusive of cost of materials and labour involved.
- All fittings are measured in NOS.
Supplying and fixing urinals with cistern:-
- Urinals shall be white vitreous and china clay, white glazed clipped half stall (single or range) as per drawing including all complete sets according to the approved sample.
- Automatic cisterns:-
- High-level cistern, C.P. brass stop cock shall be provided having a capacity of 5 liters, the main and distribution of the flush shall be fixed to the wall by the means of standard pattern holder bat clamps.
Range of urinals and cistern:-
|No. of urinals in range||The capacity of flushing cistern (liters)||Size of G.I. flush pipe
- Waste pipe shall be of 32 mm nominal bore G.I. pipe.
- Urinals shall be fixed in position by using wooden plugs and screws. They shall be fixed at 65 cm height from the standing level to the top of the lip of the urinals unless otherwise stated.
- (50 X 50) mm size wooden plugs at the base tapering to (38 X38) mm and 5 cm length shall be used. The plugs shall be fixed in the wall in 1:3 cement mortar.
- Each urinal shall be connected to a 30 mm diameter waste pipe which shall discharge into the channel of a floor trap.
- The connection between the urinals and flush or waste pipe shall be made with putty or white lead mixed with chopped hemp.
All sanitary and plumbing works shall be carried out through licensed plumber. On completing the work the site shall be cleaned as directed by the engineer-in-charge.
- Shall be measured in numbers, complete work as described above rate including all materials labor cost and testing all.